Monday, September 19, 2011

Mermaid Rock


The rock Dylan is standing on in this picture is what we call Mermaid Rock. When the tide is out you are able to walk to this rock without getting wet, but when the tide comes in you have to swim out to it. Right now the tide is not all the way in, so you can still see the top of the rock. The water by the rock is way over my head. Our family has swam out to Mermaid Rock many times, so I didn't think anything about Dylan swimming out to it by himself (as you can see he has his life jacket on) Nothing bad can happen......well I thought wrong. Dylan decided he was unable to get off Mermaid Rock because he didn't want to step on any starfish. Of course I didn't wear my bathing suit that day, the girls would not go get him, and here he is stuck on Mermaid Rock while the tide is coming in with waves crashing all around him. OMG!!!!! Well Thank goodness Joan came down for a swim (she was staying at the cabin) and she was able to save my son. I will never go down to the beach without my bathing suit again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment