Friday, July 8, 2011

Saying Good-bye to Lake McGregor.....

Our family have spent the last two summers camping @ Lake McGregor. If you call sleeping in a trailer at a resort with indoor/outdoor pools, hot tub, tennis courts, gym, clubhouse camping.

What wonderful memories and friends we have made. Our kids have spent countless hours in the pool. I don't know how many times Trent had to play Titanic with the girls. Jack...don't go... Jack...Jack...

I will always remember how scared I get during the thunderstorms, while my kids sleep like babies. Our rainy day drives into Lethbridge, which always ended sunny. Learning how to knee board because if my 7 year old daughter could do it so could I. I did learn...but I did drink at least half the lake trying. Driving to Vulcan for ice-cream. Going to the Bird of Prey Centre; seeing a falcon hunt, seeing my kids hold barn owls, seeing just how big a bald eagle is up close. Going to the Huterite Colony. What an amazing experience we will never forget.

How lucky I feel to have been able to spend all that time with my kids, giving them all those memories and experiences. I hope they always remember our summers at Lake MacGregor. I know Trent and I will always remember!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment